On Sunday, August 20, 1922, the congregation gathered to witness the laying of the cornerstone. Three services were held, led by Rev. Henry Schulz. Rev. Dr. Carl N. Conrad, pastor of Concordia Lutheran Church, Rochester, delivered the sermon, with Rev. Beutler, brother-in-law of Pastor Schulz, and Rev. Stender assisting. Mr. Carl Duwe, a seminarian, presided at the organ. A copper box containing a history of the church and other books and documents, was concealed in the cornerstone. The congregation numbered 100 members. The completed church building and furnishings were consecrated and dedicated on March 11, 1923.
A parsonage on Perrin St. was purchased on November 14,1922 as residence for Pastor Schulz and his family.