Preparing for Lent
During the season of Lent, we will be exploring sabbath and would love to include your reflection as part of a Lenten Devotional for the Bethlehem community.
Observing sabbath is one of the ways that we show the world that we belong to God. But honoring the holiness of sabbath is challenging in a world that rewards accomplishment and action, rather than rest. Over the last two years, many of our patterns of daily life have been forced to change, and along with them our ideas of work and rest.
- What is your understanding of the concept of the Sabbath
- What does it mean to keep the sabbath “holy”?
- How do you and your family honor or observe the Sabbath?
- Is the Sabbath a day or a state of mind?
- How has your viewpoint of observing the Sabbath changed since the pandemic?
You are welcome to use any of these questions to guide your reflection or compose whatever inspiration the Holy Spirit brings to you.
Preparing for Lent 2022
Bethlehem Lutheran Church
48 Perrin Street
Fairport, NY 14450