FAITH5 Weekly Family Study
SHARE your highs and lows
READ 1 Samuel 15:34-16:13 (if you have the Spark bible, read “David is Chosen”)
TALK about these discussion questions:
- How did Samuel chose Israel’s next king?
- What made David a good choice for king? (Reread 1 Samuel 16:7 for a hint)
- Do you think that this is a good way to decide on a leader?
- Baptism is one way that we have been chosen by God. Talk about baptism as a family. Share what it means to each of you.
- Find a bowl of water, a small bowl of oil or a bottle of lotion. Remind each other of your baptism by making the sign of the cross on one another’s foreheads and saying the blessing below
PRAY Holy God, we are your children. We thank you and praise you for being our God. Help us remember that you have loved us and anointed us to be your child forever. Amen
You are a beloved and chosen child of God.
© Faith Inkubators
All Rights Reserved