*Winter Weather CommunicationsJan 12, 2018
Stay in the communication loop at BLC! With this past week’s bitter cold and local travel advisories, we want to make sure you would know where to find information about the status of church events and activities. When we cancel all activities, we use the following methods to get the word out:
• Notify the local channel of our closing (13wham.com/weather/closings)
• Send an email using the BLC Congregational Announcements subscription list. (See below to make sure you’re on it.)
• Post an update to the BLC Facebook page. (Now is the time to follow us on FB if you don’t already!)
• Attempt to directly contact those we know are scheduled to be involved (worship assistants, committees, etc).
• Update the office voicemail and email auto-reply about the cancelation.
• Put signs on all entries to inform those who might not have received word before their arrival (assuming someone can safely get to the church to do so).
• Lastly, we ask for your help! If you see the message, share the info. Not everyone has realtime access and you can help spread the word by contacting those you are closest to.