Worship the Living God!
- Sunday mornings at 8:30 am: Sunday worship will be livestreamed through Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/BLCfairport/) until it is safe and advisable to gather in other ways. Check back here for the May 31 Sunday Morning Order of Worship. The video is available for viewing on BLC’s Facebook page after it is livestreamed.
- If you miss having worship on Thursday evenings this summer, plan to share in Evening Prayer on Wednesdays instead!
- Wednesday evenings at 7:00 pm: Evening Prayer and conversation on Zoom. (Using Zoom instead of FB Live allows for an interactive format that includes different voices leading prayers and reading scripture). Evening Prayer is a brief, spoken liturgy and includes hymns and/or special music. Worship is followed by a time for conversation and reflection led by one of the pastors. Details to join are on the weekly calendar. Click here for the May 27 Wednesday Evening Order of Worship.Contact the pastors if you have questions, or if you would like to contribute to worship leadership.
- Look for worship details and link to bulletin each Tuesday and Saturday in the Ready for Worship? email (please contact the church office (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you are not receiving these emails and would like to be added to the distribution!)
- The most recent video for Sunday morning worship can be found on BLC’s Facebook page or by clicking here: Video of Sunday, May 17, 2020 Livestream worship
Share in the ministry of BLC!
- Check the Weekly Calendar for May 24 – May 31 for everything that’s happening this week – including the Meeting ID for Zoom gatherings!
- Looking for ways to love and serve your neighbor? Check out “How can I help?” (updated 5/13)
- Sowing Seeds of Hope Appeal: Bethlehem invites you to get involved in Sowing Seeds of Hope this Easter season as we offer love, care and support to our neighbors near and far. As of May 13, you have generously contributed $3873.00 to these efforts – THANK YOU! If you’d like to make a financial contribution to support Sowing Seeds of Hope, mail your contribution to BLC or give electronically through Tithe.ly before the end of June. Be sure to mark Sowing Seeds of Hope as the designation. Share your signs of HOPE through BLC’s social media channels! Your donations to this spring appeal will support local, national and international needs. Funds will be split between:
- Perinton Food Shelf (addressing local food insecurity)
- Zimbabwe drought and hunger relief (our global companion)
- Lutheran Disaster Response (COVID-19 needs)
- We are thankful to all who continue to support Bethlehem’s ministry through your gifts and offerings. If you are a grateful participant in Bethlehem’s ministry and do not yet financially support our ministry, we encourage you to consider a one-time or recurring offering. Online donation options are available at org/resources/give-to-blc/ or you can simply mail your offerings to Bethlehem Lutheran Church, 48 Perrin Street, Fairport, NY 14450. Thank you for your generous and regular support.
Caring and Connecting!
- Pastoral Care is available anytime. Reach out to the Pastors via email, phone, text, or Facebook messenger. For urgent needs, call the church office and choose the pastoral care line or call or text the pastoral care line directly – 585.364.2129.
- Care for one another: We encourage you to reach out to one another by phone or email or sending cards/letter. To be added to the distribution for the card ministry, or for further information on our list of homebound members, please contact the church office (email@example.com)
Devotions and Reflections!
Here are some of the ways that you can feed your spirit and soul in these days.
- Weekly Written Reflection (from 5/17 STAR)
- Weekly Video Reflection (May 17)
- Video Reflection on Baptism (from 5/20 Wednesday Evening Worship)
- How do I use Zoom?
- COVID-19 Stay Connected letter (updated May 2020)
- Bethlehem on Facebook (BLCfairport) remains our public page where you can join worship each Sunday as well as view past worship services and weekly reflections through the Video library. Note: you do NOT need to have a Facebook account in order to see what is posted on this page, including livestream worship. Click on the link above and scroll down to the “posts.” (You DO need an account if you would like to comment on the page or interact in any way.)
- Private Facebook Group (BLC Fairport Members and Friends) A virtual space where we can share conversation with others connected to BLC. The group is public (anyone can find it when searching for it) but the people who are members of it and what is posted to the group are private (only members of the group can see its members and posts). All are welcome to post questions, comments, or thoughts as prompts for discussion with another. You DO need an account with Facebook in order to join the FB group. Some people have reported difficulty being added to this group. If that describes you, please contact the church office!
- Contact the church office if you are having trouble connecting or accessing the information you most need!